BEFORE you begin (or even consider) fighting a fire:
* Call the Fire Department (Dial 911).
* Make sure the building is being evacuated.
* Determine whether the fire is small and is not spreading.
* Confirm you have a safe path to an exit not threatened by the fire.
* Know how to use a fire extinguisher.
NEVER fight a fire if even one of the following is true:
* The fire is spreading beyond the immediate area in which it started or is already a large fire.
* The fire could block your escape route.
* You are unsure of the proper operation of the extinguisher.
* You doubt that the extinguisher you are holding is designed for the type of fire at hand or is
large enough to fight the fire. Back to In Case Of Fire